An open source, full-featured remote for XBMC. It features library browsing, direct XBMC remote control and a slick interface. It’s still beta but we’re getting there.
PERMISSIONS: Please see Wiki page on Google code before rating down because of private data access. This app is open source after all.
HONEYCOMB USERS: Please note that this app is now available to Honeycomb tablets, but it’s far from optimized. We’re working on that.
VOLUME: Use the hardware buttons of your phone while the remote is running.
INSTALLATION: There is a complete and updated installation guide in the Wiki, featured on the front page of the website.
BUGS: Please use the forum or the bugtracker. Comments in here are read sporadically but more for amusement than for serious debugging.
- Remote control with the look of the Xbox’ DVD Dongle
- Control XBMC’s volume directly with your device’s volume buttons
- Fast access to items in list via hard- or soft keyboard (long-press Menu)
- Manage multiple XBMC instances
- Live view of currently playing playlist
- Notification bar shows what’s playing with direct access to “Now playing” screen (can be disabled)
- Large screen (854×480) support, while maintaining 1.5 compatibility
- On incoming call, display who’s calling on TV screen and pause video until call is over
- On incoming message, display on TV screen
- Setting that prevents your phone locking the screen. You can apply it either for remote control only or all screens (or disable it completely)
- Tabs looking and behaving like HTC’s Sense UI, also check out the Gallery.
- Ultra fast cover download for recent XBMC builds
- Texture support for HTC Tattoo, Google Nexus One as well as Motorola’s Droid/Milestone.
- Cover art is shown where available
- Now playing screen allows skipping, seeking, stop and pause
- Browse by album, artist, genre
- XBMC’s “Hide artists who appear only on compilations” setting is taken into account when listing artists
- Within a genre, browse by albums, artists and songs
- List all albums and songs of an artist
- Browse compilations only
- Browse files directly
- Sort by album, artist, title, track number etc..
- Play and queue albums, songs, genre selections and much more directly without having to turn on your TV. For instance it’s possible to queue/play all songs from an artist but of a certain genre.
- Primitive listing of current playlist with options to jump to another song or remove a song.
- Browse by title, actors, genre.
- Display all movies of a genre or with an actor.
- Displays movie poster and actor thumbs where available.
- Play trailer from details page where available.
TV Shows Library
- Browse by show, season, episode or by actors and genre.
- Dynamic thumb rendering with wide banner support
- Displays episode and show details
What’s in this version:
This is a release update for XBMC v12.0 codename Frodo, which was released January 2013. Please note that running this with previous versions of XBMC may result in weird behavior due to API changes. Check the GitHub repository for bug reports: https://github.com/freezy/android-xbmcremote Also check the forum: http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=129
We’re working on a next-gen version that will provide a new look, new features and (hopefully) less bugs!